mail this discussion to a friend..

Total = 5 messages   -   Viewing all 5 messages   -   View by pages of 10:  1

[Leak Reported Before Christmas] - Posted: 23 December 2014 - 07:56 pm GMT
It's Christmas

View user details & audio files
New-user

Website?:  No link
File/Image?:  No file

Time and time again I peep into this forum just to see what Peabody tenants are saying, I am
not a regular member on this forum.
each time I come, I get the impression more and more by what is written on here that Peabody
do not care for their property or tenants welfare.

I reported a leak to Peabody before Christmas I was told leaks may not be an emergency
Leaks may not be an emergency if you are not living in a block of flat and even then water
leakage is an emergency anytime. I wonder if Peabody understand the meaning of Christmas
I will not put anything past them, they contributed to making my Christmas and life a misery
even at Christmas as they did not sort the leak out.

I bet they knows I will get the blame for it so its aright by them.

Some of Their workers have no respect.

Why should anyone have water leakage for chistmas in an already unhappy situation?

I can go on
But really do Peabody really care about their property?

I have to cancel my visitors and be alone at Christmas because of the situation.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: Leak Reported Before Christmas] - Posted: 05 January 2015 - 02:28 pm GMT
tenant

Big-user

Website?:  Link

I've heard of Peabody sending a plumber fairly immediately in some cases.

In another instance on our estate we had a serious mains leak in the bin area, which was spewing out gallons of mains water per second which had been left un-fixed for 5 days until the huge volume of water pouring out at mains pressure was seeping into the foundations of flats nearby

Eventually Thames Water turned up, and I personally had to scream at Peabody's idiot workers on the phone who didn't seem to understand that Thames Water were on-site, and were saying they would disconnect water for the entire estate unless Peabody sent somone to fix the leak immediately

The Peabody staff were saying "we'll get someone out next week", while i was screaming at them "But Thames water are going to turn off all the water for the estate in 30 minutes if you dont send someone out NOW!!!!"

Finally it sank in, and they agreed begrudgingly to send someone. The Thames Water technician was just amazed at what was happening.

In another incident we had the fire brigade attend over Christmas 2013 to fix a leak in a neighbours flat that had been allowed to flood their own neighbour's flat below. The fire brigade could not find the stop-cock, and then it transpired that peabody flats dont have clearly marked & located stop-cocks for flats. Some of them are even in the public hallways. Eventually the fire-brigade found a way to turn off the water, but what an absolute waste of public services!! Why on earth should our badly stretched fire services be used to deal with an incompetant landlords lack of an emergency plumbing strategy?

This problem was raised at a recent meeting with George Kirby.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: Leak Reported Before Christmas] - Posted: 12 January 2015 - 07:20 pm GMT
Nik Wood

New-user

As I understand it there has been a change in the levels of urgency that Axis has to meet. In the old contract there were events that required responses in 24hrs, a couple of days, a week or a month. As I understand it the current contract is either within 24 hours or within a month. This may not be right, but the feedback I get is that since Axis won the contract in March/April last year they have stopped "going the extra mile" as they were doing when they were under consideration for the permanent contract and are now doing no more than meet the basic requirements of the new contract.

We are taking this up via our Ex-Crown consultation structure and via the East and West Forums.

Who is George Kirby?

Nik Wood

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: Leak Reported Before Christmas] - Posted: 31 January 2015 - 07:24 pm GMT
erewhon

Main-user

The last time I encountered George Kirby he was Assistant Head of Neighbourhoods.

I am hearing of more residents with leaks inwards (from other flats and from outside) who are having problems getting the repairs properly diagnosed and done. In particular people have waited months to get a Peabody surveyor out when one is needed to assess a more complicated job before Axis are set to work. There are also a few Axis supervisors who are supposed to do the same job as Peabody surveyors, except when health & safety is involved.

When at wits' end, contact Peter Mercer: peter.mercer@peabody.org.uk

He is Assistant Director, Maintenance.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: Leak Reported Before Christmas] - Posted: 31 January 2015 - 07:34 pm GMT
erewhon

Main-user

I don't know if this holds any promise of possible improvements to the repairs service:

Exclusive: Julian Ashby on the HCA's new regulatory framework for housing associations

http://www.24dash.com/news/housing/2015-01-30-Exclusive-Julian-Ashby-on-the-HCAs-new-regulatory-framework-for-housing-associations

[back to forum][quote]

Total = 5 messages   -   Viewing all 5 messages   -   View by pages of 10:  1

Reply to Thread

You are not Registered or not Logged-in - You must register to use the forum.

Wanna join up? - Click here  to Signup or Login !!

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

[About Peabody Tenants]   [Contact us]   [Privacy Policy]