Total = 6 messages   -   Viewing all 6 messages   -   View by pages of 10:  1

[flooring option] - Posted: 29 March 2016 - 03:26 am GMT
Tadpole

View user details & audio files
New-user

Website?:  No link
File/Image?:  No file

hi everyone,

I just move in and I need to do the floor... I do think it would be more economical ecologic and hygienic and would dramatically reduce noise issue if Peabody was fixing floors once for all and having the tenants charged for the damaged caused...anyway...
I was wondering what kind of floor did you put?
I don't have huge budget and I don't wish to lay carpet because of my allegies. I wanted a acoustic underlay and laminate and some rugs but I am bit scared if peabody visits me they ask me to remove it. So I am looking for alternative I have no knowledge on the subject if you have any suggestions and maybe a professional to recommend in London I'll be grateful

thanks

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: flooring option] - Posted: 30 March 2016 - 02:35 pm GMT
erewhon

Main-user

I suggest you check your tenancy agreement to see if it specifically forbids laminate flooring.

We have the top spec acoustic underlay and laminate flooring. Neighbours below say it is the same noise level for them as when we had carpets. You do need that acoustic underlay.

It is so much easier to clean, so much more hygienic!

Even when we had carpets, we were always careful not to wear shoes when indoors, because the noise carries downwards so much.

Where residents here have nothing, just sanded floorboards, it does cause noise problems with neighbours below.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: flooring option] - Posted: 01 April 2016 - 08:18 pm GMT
Tadpole

New-user

I am happy to find a reply and thank you. the tenancy said no hard floor except in the bathroom and the kitchen if you have tenants below.
when I visited the man said carpet but if I was putting hard floor and the neighbours complain about noise it would be anti social behaviour and I'll have to remove it... I did have a look a bit at vinyl but this is not cheap, doesn't look as good and not sure it will be less noisy.
I have seen this online was wondering if it will be ok
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30m2-6mm-Thick-Supreme-Sonic-Gold-Acoustic-Underlay-Wood-or-Laminate-/171518414188?hash=item27ef4b4d6c:g:QrcAAOSwcwhVMUpW

if not could you tell me which one do you have  

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: flooring option] - Posted: 14 April 2016 - 12:57 pm GMT
erewhon

Main-user

I should think vinyl without acoustic underlay would be as noisy as just plain hard floor.

The one we used was definitely gold on one side. It was the most noise insulation we could afford. I think you need a sound reduction of 22dB minimum. If that really means anything.

As long as we don't clomp around in shoes we do not seem to disturb the neighbours too much. Where we are the noise transmission vertically between flats is bad, some blocks are better in this respect.

I wear those socky things with non-stick blobs on the soles so as not to slide on the floor.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: flooring option] - Posted: 26 November 2016 - 05:08 pm GMT
tenant

Big-user

Website?:  Link

if you want to lay wooden floor and be able to tell peabody that what you have laid offers BETTER acoustic isolation from footfall etc than carpet & underlay....

then lay a product on the floor called SCREEDBOARD 28

Easy to lay, once laid you can put anything on top, carpet or wooden/laminate flooring.

I've been banging on at peabody for ages, continually suggesting this product is used wherever a neighbour has a footfall complaint from a flat above. Peabody basically NEVER EVER enforces rules about this & NEVER EVER makes any moves to reduce the problem, and it is a big problem for some residents.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: flooring option] - Posted: 27 November 2016 - 02:01 am GMT
erewhon

Main-user

Will it go over a typical uneven Peabody floor, and is it as deep as it looks in the video?

And I guess one problem is that often the resident doing the noisy footfall refuses to have anything put down.

[back to forum][quote]

Total = 6 messages   -   Viewing all 6 messages   -   View by pages of 10:  1

Reply to Thread

You are not Registered or not Logged-in - You must register to use the forum.

Wanna join up? - Click here  to Signup or Login !!

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

[About Peabody Tenants]   [Contact us]   [Privacy Policy]