Total = 7 messages   -   Viewing all 7 messages   -   View by pages of 10:  1

[Antisocial behaviour] - Posted: 03 June 2016 - 12:25 am GMT
doner

View user details & audio files
New-user

Website?:  No link
File/Image?:  No file

I see from the Peabody newsletter that Peabody has won an award -

Peabody has won first place in the 'Outstanding approach to tackling anti-social behaviour’ category
at this year’s UK Housing Awards

I guess they did not invite Peabody tenants to vote on that!

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: Antisocial behaviour] - Posted: 13 June 2016 - 09:53 pm GMT
heather42

Regular-user

well they sure didn't ask me i would have told them a few home truths about the shaftsbury park estate since they moved a lot down from the st johns hill estate had nothing but trouble

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: Antisocial behaviour] - Posted: 19 June 2016 - 07:12 pm GMT
Blackbeauty04

New-user

I saw this article in the newsletter and the bitter bile in my mouth made me nearly spit out my tea. Having been a victim of antisocial behavior from a neighbor for some time and having had Peabody do nothing. I am shocked they won this. But then I am biased, however they have a long history of pretending antisocial behavior is not happening or just moving the issue around.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: Antisocial behaviour] - Posted: 12 September 2016 - 04:34 pm GMT
tenant

Big-user

Website?:  Link

well it's par for the course. We've got a new asb tenant - just one in a long unending stream of crack dealers, and other assorted criminals & asb tenants - and this chap has sexually harassed multiple residents, threatened and menaced multiple residents and disturbed nearby neighbours with late night noise & music. There's also been some racial verbal comments made by him to multiple tenants.

Peabody's action? their CST (community safety team) claimed to have interviewed the residents concerned to get evidence, then they claim to have read the problem tenant the riot act so to speak, and then declared the whole thing had been fixed.

It hasn't, the resident continues to disturb neighbours at night (nothing done, "that's not an issue for the CST, report this to your neighbourhood manager") and has menaced one resident since, and a friend who he brings onto the estate menaced & threatened another resident... he's just being careful to not do this stuff in front of multiple witnesses, only to lone individuals.

The local Community PC is very good, but peabody block & evade at every turn.

Same old same old, all talk but nothing happens.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: Antisocial behaviour] - Posted: 04 November 2016 - 01:38 am GMT
Jim999

New-user

my family and I have been the victims of ASB for the last 3 years and our estate and area managers are now hostile towards US. It's easier for them to fob us off then to actually deal with the issue of our abusive neighbour.

Jim

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: Antisocial behaviour] - Posted: 10 December 2016 - 07:08 pm GMT
Shoop

New-user

I'm new here and wondering if anyone can help? tenant you look like you may have some experience with this?

tenant wrote:

Peabodys action? their CST (community safety team) claimed to have interviewed the residents concerned to get evidence

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the CST and a Local community PC? And how to get in contact with a local community PC? My neighbour hits my bedroom wall with something like a baseball bat every day randomly and at all hours for fun. They do this, call me names when they think no one is around, and so much more to me and other neighbours. They don't deal drugs but they have way too many "famliy" members living there which isn't a problem on it's own it's their behaviour toward neighbours that is. stuff like breaking neighbours property, spitting, throwing garbage around, blocking the elevator with garbage or putting their unwanted garbage in the elevator, banging and shouting and moving furniture at 2am. And this is just this neighbour! There's plenty more, even people subletting but as long as Peabody gets their money they don't care!

What do we do? How to we fix this? The Peabody CST have said there's nothing they can do but send a letter. I've been told I'm causing problems by complaining about the problem by the senior community saftey woman. This is so unfair! I'm a great tenant, clean, quiet, neighbours like me, I don't get involved in other people's business unless I'm being put out.

What tenant wrote sounds famliar to me and my neighbours. But the CST and estate manager have both said that there's been no complaints about my neighbour by anyone but me, but I know that not true. Another neighbour out of the blue started complaining about my neighbour and told me they'd complained and complained to Peabody estate manager for years and nothing has changed. I did't say much to her because I thought it was odd that I have this person telling me there's a problem that Peabody knows about so why don't they do something about it?! Why do they lie like this? Why can they get away with this? Can't we as tenants go to the media or sumthing with our experiences?

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: Antisocial behaviour] - Posted: 16 March 2017 - 11:34 pm GMT
Peekaboo

New-user

@Shoop
Your neighbours and you need to join force meaning sending joint emails of complaints where you copy each other. You also need to attend meeting jointly. That way you have witnesses. Also don't be afraid to record formal conversations with Peabody Officers, etc. especially in your home to back you up.
Another option is to sign a petition. To do so you need all residents to be aware of the petition but the perpetrator of the nuisance. All the tenants need is to sign in whether they are joining in the petition or not. Make sure to get signatures not scribbles. For the petition to be considered you need 20% support of the block. Such as 4 residencies out of 20 residencies.

[back to forum][quote]

Total = 7 messages   -   Viewing all 7 messages   -   View by pages of 10:  1

Reply to Thread

You are not Registered or not Logged-in - You must register to use the forum.

Wanna join up? - Click here  to Signup or Login !!

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

[About Peabody Tenants]   [Contact us]   [Privacy Policy]