mail this discussion to a friend..

Total = 5 messages   -   Viewing all 5 messages   -   View by pages of 10:  1

[re repairs] - Posted: 28 June 2016 - 06:17 pm GMT
heather42

View user details & audio files
Regular-user

Website?:  No link
File/Image?:  No file

is anybody having trouble getting repairs done for peabody ?

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: re repairs] - Posted: 29 June 2016 - 10:00 am GMT
Nik Wood

New-user

As I understand it, everybody is. Axis have been found wanting but the terms of the contract are insufficiently stringent to effect adequate change. Peabody has also accepted the lies outsourcing enthusiasts always make and have thinned out their managerial oversight, so don't have the clout to enforce even those powers they have got.

The Board Member for this aspect was Tim Keogh who has recently left. I had good reports about him from other Tenants' Representatives, which may be why he's gone. His predecessor, Roger Winchcome, left in the middle of the contract letting process.

There still isn't any forum for Tenant Representative input. I've been nagging about it, to no avail.

We take both individual cases and general things up with our Neighbourhood Managers who we summon to our monthly Association meetings. It is time consuming.

(We are concerned that outsourcing direct debit rent payments will cause the same problem for the same reasons. We hear that Peabody is reviewing out sourced cleaning and are, wonder of wonders, considering bringing it in house.)

Nik Wood

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: re repairs] - Posted: 30 June 2016 - 09:55 am GMT
heather42

Regular-user

im disabled been trying to get my fence done since last year yesterday somebody turned up to look at it as they have had the bill from axis for the fence i haven't got and as for the estate manager she never calls back been phoning every day to speak to her but nothing had enough now

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: re repairs] - Posted: 08 July 2016 - 08:32 pm GMT
Nik Wood

New-user

heather42

The Peabody handbook "A guide to repairing & maintaining your home" has some apparently clear-cut guidance about what garden fence works fall to the landlord. But we in Victoria Park have found that they are trying to evade their responsibilities and are taking it up with them in no uncertain terms.

Sorry not to be more help, but we'll keep banging on about it 'till we get progress.

Nik Wood

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: re repairs] - Posted: 13 July 2016 - 12:43 am GMT
heather42

Regular-user

iv quoted them on there hand book told them page 74 its not garden fence its boundary fence out side my house which hand book states they are responsible for its with complaints now joanna long and just found out estate manager is on maternity leave till april next year was nice of her to tell me last time i spoke to her not lol

[back to forum][quote]

Total = 5 messages   -   Viewing all 5 messages   -   View by pages of 10:  1

Reply to Thread

You are not Registered or not Logged-in - You must register to use the forum.

Wanna join up? - Click here  to Signup or Login !!

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

[About Peabody Tenants]   [Contact us]   [Privacy Policy]