Mon, Aug 21, 2017 

Peabody - Virgin Media Internet service issues

mail this discussion to a friend..

Total = 3 messages   -   Viewing all 3 messages   -   View by pages of 10:  1

[Peabody - Virgin Media Internet service issues] - Posted: 11 July 2017 - 04:26 pm GMT
umitulgen

View user details & audio files
New-user

Website?:  No link
File/Image?:  No file

HI all

Do anyone have issues with Trying to get internet/tv services in their homes? Peabody
surveyor is demanding particular Wayleave document and asking 720 from virgin to bring
their services! I have been waiting 3 months now.

Please someone reply if you are in the same situation or were. Even you are a recent tenant
but never had issues like this pls still reply.

Thank you

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: Peabody - Virgin Media Internet service issues] - Posted: 26 July 2017 - 01:07 am GMT
erewhon

Big-user

Website?:  No link

I think most people just use phone line internet where we are.

We used to have cable tv and internet via green boxes out on the pavement, with Virgin internet and tv services if wanted. But it was a different system from that in the rest of UK, and BT owned the cables. Virgin gave up the franchise - claiming that BT would not let them upgrade the cable systems, but that BT would be doing it. That was years back. All BT has done is put in fast fibre optic cables for local businesses, stopping short of the residential streets.

So we have to get internet via phone line and router.

[back to forum][quote]
  [RE: Peabody - Virgin Media Internet service issues] - Posted: 31 July 2017 - 03:49 pm GMT
tenant

Big-user

Website?:  Link

umitulgen@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

HI all

Do anyone have issues with Trying to get internet/tv services in their homes? Peabody
surveyor is demanding particular Wayleave document and asking 720 from virgin to bring
their services! I have been waiting 3 months now.

Please someone reply if you are in the same situation or were. Even you are a recent tenant
but never had issues like this pls still reply.

Thank you

that is because virgin have to get permission to run a cable into the building from the building owner/landlord. This could be the cause, but i never heard of a landlord charging for that permission. Very odd.

perhaps ask the surveyor to clarify this charge.

[back to forum][quote]

Total = 3 messages   -   Viewing all 3 messages   -   View by pages of 10:  1

Reply to Thread

You are not Registered or not Logged-in - You must register to use the forum.

Wanna join up? - Click here  to Signup or Login !!

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

[About Peabody Tenants]   [Contact us]   [Privacy Policy]